A product that looks exactly like any other type of wood, metal or plastic … is made of 100% recycled material. One that requires no painting or priming and is completely maintenance free throughout its 50+ year life.
- A product that is 100% waterproof, infestation free and UV stable to the strictest of standards.
- A product that can be manufactured to be stronger than any of the South American hardwoods, but looks exactly like them; or as light in weight an any of the softwoods, and with a consistency of appearance that beats both.
- A product that can be formed into almost any shape, and manufactured to match any Natural wood-look or RAL Colour – and a profile that can be nailed, screwed, glued, drilled and even welded whilst at the same time worked with using standard woodworking tools.
Highwood Synthetic Timber profile is the answer
- We operate a continual assessment programme covering the way we utilise all our extrusion machinery and, importantly, the methods and materials chosen to manufacture all our product tooling. We have over many years also developed our internal systems to ensure that we reprocess materials wherever possible – even down to adapting our systems to recirculate all cooling water in a closed loop.
Our raw materials
- We use recycled EPS polystyrene such as waste packaging collected from sales of White and Electronic goods, waste drinking cups and other similar GPPS items that are not biodegradable, and that can otherwise often cause major disposal headaches for local authorities at landfill sites.
- We are also helping to reduce the depletion of the world’s precious hardwood and softwood forests quite simply because our products can be made to look like any natural timber product such as oak, beech, teak and pine – and they are stronger, more consistent and undoubtedly last longer.
- All of our products generate no waste during manufacture as they are completely reworked within our process.
- Highwood can be manufactured to any shape – in fact we feel our profile design is limited only by imagination. All Highwood products have the final finish and are lifetime maintenance-free. However, if a later date change is needed it be treated with any solvent free paint or varnish.
- Through our continual development we have successfully formulated a range of products that meet a great many of today’s challenges.
- Highwood’s range includes a product that is certified to achieve Class 1 Spread of Flame for use within the building sector, and products that containing biocides for use in areas of high protection against bacterial growth i.e. hospitals, canteens and washrooms.
Download a pdf of our the Highwood Environment Policy